S905X is a cost effective model based on S905, the greatest spotlight is that S905X supports VP9 decoding while S905 not.
But, Rockchip RK3229 specifications:
- CPU- Quad Core ARM Cortex A7 @ 1.5 GHz
- GPU – ARM Mali-400MP2
- Memory I/F – DDR3-1866/LPDDR3-1333
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 1.4/2.2 + CVBS
- Video Codec – 4K2K 10-bit H.265 @ 60 fps (Up to 200 Mbps), 4K 10-bit H.264 @ 30 fps (Up to 250 Mbps) and 4K 8-bit VP9 @ 30 fps (Up to 200 Mbps)
- Video Encoder – 1080p H.264 and VP8
- Ethernet – 100Mbps (PHY)
- Audio Codec – Yes
- DRM – Widewine Level 1, PlayReady, Verimatrix
To be simple, we conclude it in a chart:
Also, Amlogic has released Android 8.0 Oreo SDK to for S905X/D and S912, and will upgrade to 8.1 very soon to support more SoCs like S905X and S912.
(Both of them support H.265, Click to see H.265 vs VP9, which one is better for 4K video)
Another one is the price. As a newer model, S905X has better performance, however, the price is same or a little lower.
in one word. We prefer to S905X.The Price Gap is Big! Compare before buying: GearBest, GeekMaxi, FocalPrice, TomTop, and Banggood.
There are too many TV Box models nowadays, and people always get confused when choosing a model. So, our experts select some TOP featured models which you will never regret to buy. All of them are compatible with this IPTV HD streaming service (2000+ channels). You may get 50% OFF if you hurry! Click for more!
Alfawise H96 Pro+ TV Box (Amlogic S912, 3 + 32GB)