* USB3.0/PCIE2.0 (PCIE or USB3.0 with multiplexed IO)
* Enhanced 8-ch I2S interface
* HDMI 2.1: [email protected]
* Support multi-video decoder up to [email protected][email protected] (Better video decoder than S905X/S912)
* H.265/H.264 video encoding up to [email protected] with low latency
* Build-in Cortex-M4 core for always on processing
* Build-in Cortex-M3 core for system control processing(S905X/S912 also feature with this)
* Support [email protected]
* Amlogic S905X2 buildin 100M PHY and 1000M MAC
Amlogic S905X2 has a NEW thing compared with S905X: it support for USB 3.0 and HDMI 2.1 (in theory capable of supporting up to 10K resolutions), although HDMI 2.1 is not a practicla point at this moment.
To be simple, Amlogic S905X2 has USB 3.0 while Amlogic S905X has USB 2.0 only.
However, Amlogic S905Y2 is also a CPU featuring USB3.0 or PCIE2.0 and HDMI 2.1: [email protected]
We carefully studied the datasheet from Amlogic and found no big difference between these two chipsets, which means Amlogic S905X2 = S905Y2 in most aspects, but S905X2 comes with LAN and AV ports; S905Y2 without these 2 ports.
As a pro team in the industry, we know that there are too many TV Box models nowadays, and people always get confused when choosing a model. Which TV Box or network set-top box is suitable for you? Our experts have done much research on the OTT market. Here are the best TV Boxes in marketing performance in 2018.
Check the Top-5 Best Sellers in 30 Days (More People's Choices!)
Mecool M8S PRO L 4K TV Box Amlogic S912 Bluetooth 4.1 + HS - VOICE REMOTE CONTROL ( 3GB RAM + 16GB ROM )
A95X PLUS TV Box (Amlogic S905Y2, 4+32GB, USB 3.0)
Beelink GT1 MINI TV Box with Voice Remote (4+64GB)
Beelink GT1 Ultimate 3GB DDR4 + 32GB EMMC
MECOOL KIII PRO Hybrid TV Box, S912, DVB S2 + T2, 3 + 16GB