S905X is a cost effective model based on S905, the greatest spotlight is that S905X supports VP9 decoding while S905 not.
But, Rockchip RK3229 specifications:
- CPU- Quad Core ARM Cortex A7 @ 1.5 GHz
- GPU – ARM Mali-400MP2
- Memory I/F – DDR3-1866/LPDDR3-1333
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 1.4/2.2 + CVBS
- Video Codec – 4K2K 10-bit H.265 @ 60 fps (Up to 200 Mbps), 4K 10-bit H.264 @ 30 fps (Up to 250 Mbps) and 4K 8-bit VP9 @ 30 fps (Up to 200 Mbps)
- Video Encoder – 1080p H.264 and VP8
- Ethernet – 100Mbps (PHY)
- Audio Codec – Yes
- DRM – Widewine Level 1, PlayReady, Verimatrix
To be simple, we conclude it in a chart:
Amlogic S905X is hot at the moment, and it is said to be released in a few weeks.
(Both of them support H.265, Click to see H.265 vs VP9, which one is better for 4K video)
Another one is the price. As a newer model, S905X has better performance, however, the price is same or a little lower.
in one word. We prefer to S905X.
There are too many TV Box models nowadays, and people always get confused when choosing a model. So, our experts select some featured models which you will never regret to buy. Which TV Box or network set-top box is good for you? Our experts select some featured models which you will never regret to buy. TOP models with outstanding features that are the most powerful in video playing. Check Our Editors' Choices 2017 as below.2017 Fastest TV BOX: YUNDOO Y8, RK3399 CPU, 4GB + 32GB